March 2014

Marvel in Mirabella!

Planet Beauty has chosen their IT product for the month of April! Mirabella Velvet Lip pencils are here to make a splash! With spring in full gear, we want you to get in touch with your playful, colorful side and dare to wear bright, bold lips. With six gorgeous colors to choose from, there is perfect shade for everyone! These creamy lip pencils are not only moisturizing, but glide on easily, giving a perfect satin finish that lasts. This is a perfect option for the woman on the go, since its design doesn't require the time of applying a lip liner. These pencils are so smooth, that even a touch of color can take the place of a lip stain.

Bold lips look flawless with a fresh-looking makeup application. For an effortless spring look, try a BB cream for light coverage. Too Faced has 5 shades to choose from and will give a beautiful sheer coverage that will have your skin glowing. Another great option is Dr. Perricone's No Foundation Foundation. Always a top seller, No Foundation helps diminish fine lines and wrinkles while helping to minimize pores and protect your skin with a non-chemical SPF 30. Apply a light dusting of finishing powder to set your look. Too Faced's Absolutely Invisible has a boost of antioxidants for your skin and is lightweight. 

Sizzle with Santigold!

Watch out, trend junkies! Santigold and Smashbox have teamed up to give your makeup a powerful punch of color and creativity. For six years now, Santigold has delighted audiences and fellow musical artists with her edginess and vocal talent. This summer, she'll share her edge with Smashbox with the Santigolden Age Collection. This vibrant color palette is inspired by Santigold's creativity and sense of collage. If you're an adventurer when it comes to makeup, then you have to get your hands on this limited collection.

The Apocalypse Now and Earth As We Know It palettes each have 5 shades to satisfy the creative goddess in you. With gorgeous shimmers and matte shadows, there are so many looks you can experiment with to add some color and make your eyes stand out from the crowd. There aren't any rules when it comes to these playful palettes, so have fun with it and get creative. Santigold invites you to mix and match any of the shades to create your own unique tones. All the shadows can be used wet or dry, depending on how daring you want to be.

Bright, colorful liner will be the hot trend this spring and summer. The Santigolden Double Ended Limitless Liners are not only going to give your eyes an edge, but will provide an 8 hr wear. These liners are so creamy and easy to apply they can be used as shadow, too!

Radiant Orchid Inspiration!

Radiant Orchid is Pantone's Color of the Year for 2014 and Planet Beauty is here to help you find your purple-hued inspiration! If you haven't experimented with a new color lately, I invite you to embrace change and try something fresh just in time for Easter! 

Butter London recently paid homage to Radiant Orchid with it's gorgeous Molly Coddled Nail Laquer. This color looks completely gorgeous on any skin tone, and can even be used to create fun Easter-inspired manicures. OPI's Do You Lilac It and Lucky Lucky Lavender are also two customer favorites that are sure to sell out quickly. If you're feeling like trying a deeper shade of purple, then Ciate's Cabaret is the perfect polish for you. Plus, who can resist their adorable paint pots? If you're interested in sharing this trend with friends, consider Ciate the perfect gift from the Easter bunny!

Say I DO to Beauty Lifesavers!

Peak wedding season is right around the corner and it can be quite a stressful time for soon-to-be brides. Having personally worked in the bridal industry for a few years, I know how easy it is to get caught up in the midst of planning that perfect day. Every bride wants to look beautiful on her wedding, but sometimes the picking of flowers, cake and coordinating seating arrangements messes with your groove. Beauty magazines flaunt lists of beauty necessities for the big day, but what about the days leading to your wedding? Here are some great products that will help keep you looking radiant before and after your big day.

Most brides will grow out their hair in preparation for their walk down the isle. Keeping hair looking shiny and healthy is key, so using a good treatment is important. Colure's Shine Serum Plus uses molecular nanotechnology and lipid protection technology to restore shine, strengthen hair, enhance color protection and provide a protection against heat. This serum can be added to any color to enhance radiancy, as well. Enjoy's Hair and Skin treatment Oil is a lightweight formula that quickly absorbs into the hair, eliminating frizz, locking in moisture, while sealing the ends and giving hair a lustrous shine. Another plus for Enjoy's Oil? It's alcohol-free. 

For ends that are badly split, then Pureology's newest Strength Cure Split End Salve is going to be your best friend. This leave-in fortifies and helps the cuticle layer from further damage. A tiny trim every few weeks won't hurt, either. 

Hair Treatments to the Rescue!

When tax season rolls around, everyone holds their pocketbook a little closer. It’s natural to become more financially cautious, especially after the holidays. I recently discovered that the most popular beauty routine women temporarily give up is that monthly trip to the salon. This time of the year motivates so many people to DIY, particularly with hair color and root touch-ups. However, as simple as touching up roots can be, it is my experimental friends I worry about. While the box makes it seem so easy, there is always room for error when coloring your own hair, especially if you’re completely changing it. I’m sure some of you know what I’m talking about. Did you ever try going red, but washed your hair only to discover it was hot orange? I know, I’ve been there, too. Did you ever leave bleach too long and cried over your straw-like strands? Don’t worry, it happens.

If you’ve recently dyed your own hair, or are toying with the idea, then you’re going to need a great treatment to save your strands from damage and dryness. Over-processing your hair can really take its toll on your ends. If you’ve ever touched your hair and seen it actually break off, then you know what I’m talking about. It’s important to incorporate a treatment rich with proteins to salvage your hair. MoroccanOil’s Restorative Mask will moisturize using rich Argan Oil, while proteins will go to work to fortify weakened hair. 5-7 minutes once a week is all you need to see a difference. Use MoroccanOil after for a truly luxurious experience. 

Music Festival Survivor Guide!

Next month, thousands of people will flock to Indio, California for two of So Cal’s biggest music festivals. Coachella and Stagecoach always deliver with some of the greatest musicians traveling from all over the world to share their music and talent. Being outdoors all day listening to amazing musical acts can be such a spiritual experience. However, it can be easy to get caught up in the day and forget all about your usual beauty routine. If you’re one of the lucky ones who will be in attendance this year, then let you’re going to need some festival survival products to enhance your experience.

SPF, SPF, SPF: Ladies, if you’re going to be out in the sun all day, you’re going to need more than that cute hat to protect you from the sun’s damaging and harmful rays. A few of our favorites include Coola’s Sunscreen Spray SPF 50, Sun Bum’s Moisturizing Sunscreen Lotion and Dermalogica’s newest Protection 50 Sport. If you went too long without re-applying and end up with a sunburn, then you’ll either need Sun Bum’s Cool Down Gel or Dermalogica’s After Sun Repair. Both will instantly relieve the burn and cool your skin, perfect after a hot day outside.

Fashion Forward Manicures!

Spring is finally here and that means it’s time to show off everything we learned from Fashion week last month. Every season, we turn to the hottest designers for guidance and a little inspiration. The beginning of spring always seems like a perfect time for change, whether it be our wardrobe or beauty routine. In terms of fashion and beauty, there is always something for everyone. The nail trends we saw last month only proved that you don’t have to be totally outrageous to make a statement.

This season, look for a modern take on the French manicure. Experiment with different colors, as Essie did with this beautiful manicure seen below. Mint Candy Apple, Turquoise & Caicos and Butler Please are all featured. Just imagine the possibilities! Feeling pink? Yellow? Orange? Don’t be afraid of recreating this look with your favorite shades!

If you’re one of my East Coast babes, the perfect cure for those winter blues are designs like this sea-inspired manicure. Using Find me an Oasis and Resort Fling, this scalloped look is so cute, you won’t even miss that boring white French tip. For directions, visit Essie's Nail Art page. 

Hello Sexy!

Ladies, are you ready to unlock your sexiness? I'm not talking about picking up and reading Fifty Shades of Grey. Besides, that's so 3 years ago. I'm talking about what's in your bathroom cabinet at home right now. Do you have the right tools to unleash your inner goddess? Is it time for an epic beauty purge? I know Valentine's Day has come and gone, but that doesn't mean you have to put that red lipstick away. Beauty trends are constantly evolving, but it's good to have some classic, sexy go-to looks when you're not feeling experimental but still want to look effortless.

Beauty Blender Dinner!

During the holidays, Beauty Blender offered Planet Beauty a chance to win an exclusive kit with goodies and a dinner with creator Rea Ann Silva. Beauty Blender has completely changed the way makeup artists work in the industry and its popularity with women everywhere continues to grow. Beauty Blender continues to be the #1 go-to makeup applicator to use with some of our top selling brands and you can find this innovative sponge in popular beauty magazines worldwide. Well-known and respected makeup artists use Beauty Blender for everything during runway shows and particularly Fashion Week. Rea Ann has worked in the beauty industry for over 20 years now, so her entrepreneurship, knowledge and expertise is deeply admired by Planet Beauty advisors and makeup artists. 

Having an opportunity to have dinner with Rea Ann was definitely a once in a lifetime experience and everyone at Planet Beauty did their best to win. 

The four winners with the highest sales were:

1st Place: Renee Allen from Roseville Galleria 

2nd Place: Christina Lucero from Chino Hills

3rd Place: Valeria de la Torre from Ontario

4th Place: Elyse Rodriguez from Huntington Beach

Spring Break Essentials!

Ah, Spring Break. It's the sweet serenade right before Summer. There is nothing more joyful than having that break from midterms and papers and being able to enjoy a little getaway from reality. Before you get carried away with packing too many flip flops, take a look at some of our Spring Break essentials that you won't want to leave home without. After all, part of the fun in putting together an outfit for that bonfire or luau is creating a total look from head to toe. 

If you want that beautiful tanned glow without the damaging rays from the sun, then you have to take a look at Rodial's tanning products. Our favorite is their tanning spray, Airbrush. With 360 degree spray technology, you will get a beautiful all-over coverage with an immediate glow, as well as a gradual tan. Airbrush has a wonderful light aroma of coconut and gardenia, which will put you in a vacation state of mind almost instantly. This spray contains no added chemical colors and is formulated with moisturizing, soothing and anti-inflammatory ingredients like coconut oil, monoi and pomegranate. For those of you concerned of that unwanted orange tint, you have no need to worry. Even the fairest of gals can get a beautiful tan with this caramel-tinted spray. If you do plan on spending some time under the sun, pick up some Sun Bum and get your much-needed SPF.