With cooler, dry weather often comes parched skin, particularly if you live in a state where it snows. Most of us change our moisturizer to fit the changing season. However, some of us may find that we're still in need of a little something extra. Using a face serum can really offer some great hydrating benefits, while giving skin the additional love it needs during fall and winter. If you've been on the quest to find one that suits your skins needs, check out some of our favorites.
1. Dr. Perricone's Chia Serum: Nourish and hydrate your skin with this luxurious, multi-tasking serum. Rare extracts of chia oil and fat soluble essential vitamins heck to transform dry, dull skin to a glowing, radiant complexion. This lightweight serum is good for all skin types and helps protect skin against moisture loss and free radical damage. Use it alone or cocktail with your favorite moisturizer for maximum results. You can also use this serum before applying your foundation for a beautiful, smooth finish.
2. Dermalogica's Overnight Repair Serum: Part of Dermalogica's Age Smart line, this powerful peptide-infused serum is enriched with Argan and Rose Oils to hydrate and soothe your skin. Use nightly to stimulate cellular repair and smooth out fine lines and wrinkles. Wear it alone or mix it into your favorite nighttime moisturizer for a firming boost that will leave your skin looking luminous and radiant.
3. Caudalie's Vinosource Recovery Oil: Soothe sensitive skin and nourish your epidermis with this unique serum which contains a blend of 6 active and 100% natural oils. Sunflower Seed, Grapeseed, Rose and Rosemary are just some of the oils that help bring much needed comfort and anti-aging benefits to your skin. Use nightly for dry, sensitive skin in need of some love.
4. Tata Harper's Concentrated Brightening Serum: This serum is a 2014 Allure Magazine Award Winner for it's brightening power. This concentrated serum effectively illuminates, brightens and helps correct skin that's been affected by hyperpigmentation. The technology in this serum takes a triple action approach to helping fight every state of hyperpigmentation, working to inhibit the passage of melanin to the skin's surface while helping boost the skin's natural ability to fight discoloration and dark spots. At $220, reviewers who have used it will tell you it's worth every penny.
5. Rodial's Stemcell Super-Food Facial Oil: Give your skin a boost of intense hydration and antioxidants with this nutritious, lightweight facial oil. Charged with the latest in stem cell technology, Phytocell Alp Rose helps protect the skin from damage while helping reduce signs of aging. Use daily for increased smoothness before makeup application.
What's your favorite go-to serum? Share with us and comment below!
Liz Cabrera is a skin care enthusiast who has worked at Planet Beauty for 10 years. She has a Bachelor's Degree in Creative Writing from the University of California, Long Beach. She has a love for film, jazz and the Humor boards on Pinterest.