If you're planning on hitting the slopes this season, then you're going to need more than just your ski gear. Planet Beauty has all the beauty essentials you need to keep your skin and hair happy all weekend long. The next time you plan a trip, don't leave home without these must-haves!
1. CoTZ Face Natural Skin Tone SPF 40: Don't be fall victim to a winter sunburn and keep your skin protected with this customer favorite from CoTZ Skin Care. More importantly, make sure to reapply as needed. The high altitude and reflection of UV rays on the snow are the perfect recipe for disaster if you don't protect your skin. The natural tone of this sunscreen evens out your skin tone and reduces the appearance of redness in your face, too.
2. jane iredale LipDrink SPF 15 Lip Balm: Avoid dry, chapped lips and protect your lips against sunburn with this top-seller from jane iredale. A blend of waxes and oils smooth, soften and protect your lips from getting dry. Carrot and Avocado oils provide antioxidant protection, as well. Unlike balms that seem to sit on top of your lips, this one melts right into them for maximum moisture.
3.Supergoop Forever Young Hand Cream: Keep your hands soft all weekend long with this broad-spectrum SPF 40 hand cream. Meadowfoam Seed and Argan oil keep your hands hydrated through tough weather conditions. It's also formulated with Sea Buckhorn fruit, which helps to naturally lighten dark spots. This hand cream is so good, it was a winner for Allure's Best of Beauty Awards in 2015.
4. Dermalogica Barrier Repair: If you happen to get a little sunburned or wind chapped on your getaway, you'll want this wonderful little tube in your bag. Created with sensitive skin types in mind, this waterless and velvety moisturizer helps restore damaged skin barriers caused by environmental aggressors. Made with Dermalogica's UltraCalming Complex, your skin will feel instantly soothed after every use.
5. Perricone MD Chia Serum: Don't let the weather dull out your skin and keep it hydrated and glowing with Dr. Perricone's Chia Serum. Extracts of chia oil and fat-soluble essential vitamins deliver much needed nourishment and moisture to thirsty skin. Concentrated, yet lightweight, you'll love how quickly this serum absorbs into your skin. Wear alone or mix with your moisturizer.
6. Jurlique Calendula Redness Rescue Calming Mist: Don't leave home without this calming and hydrating mist. Calendula, Chamomile, Aloe and Cucumber extracts are just some of the ingredients in this soothing mist from Jurlique. Use after a day of skiing for instant relief.
Liz Cabrera is a skin care enthusiast who has worked at Planet Beauty for 10 years. She has a Bachelor's Degree in Creative Writing from the University of California, Long Beach. She has a love for film, jazz and the Humor boards on Pinterest.