Traveling is never a breeze. Between driving to the airport, waiting in line for security and then again to board your flight, the process can leave you feeling kind of wiped out before you even get in your seat. Once you're seated and buckled in, the debate begins. Do you read? Watch a movie? Try to sleep through the cries or coughs that are inevitable with almost every flight? If you've never considered doing a beauty treatment in flight, it might be something to consider for your next trip. After all, traveling is tough enough without having to look exhausted when you arrive to your destination. The next time you're planning to fly, try some of these in flight beauty tips.
1. Give your skin a waterless facial: I don't know about you, but I try to minimize my time in airplane restrooms. If your skin always feels yucky when you fly, make sure to pack face cleansing wipes in your carry-on to quickly wipe away germs and refresh your skin. Apply a mask sheet (we love Tony Moly's mask sheets) for a 20-30 minute facial treatment that doesn't require rinsing. Your skin will feel fresh and you won't have to worry about taking up too much space in your carry on bag.
2. Exfoliate and moisturize your lips: Battling the arid cabin on your flight can be quite a challenge. Keep your lips soft and ready for those arrival kisses with GLAMGLOW's Fizzy Lip and Wet Lip Treatment. The Fizzy Lip Exfoliating Treatment is made with an exfoliating complex comprised Hawaiian Sea Salt, Caribbean Cane Sugar and Hibiscus Flower Powder. Sweet Almond Oil, Starfruit, Moroccan Mint Leaf, Guava, Cherimoya, Lychee and Mangosteen give this exfoliating an edge with their moisturizing properties. Simply apply this on your lips and use a tiny bit of water to activate. (I suggest asking the flight attendant for a cup of warm water.) Once you've worked the treatment into your lips, gently rinse off. Luckily your lips don't require a large sink to rinse off, so you can still do this from the comfort of your seat. After you remove the Fizzy Lip, apply the Wet Lip Balm Treatment for incredibly softer lips. A moisturizing blend of oils and butters.
3. Treat tired, split ends: Dry air on flights not only affects your skin, but your hair, too. If you already have dry hair or split ends, this is the perfect time to catch up on a much-needed hair treatment. Before you leave for the airport, apply your favorite hair oil (We love Ava oil for treating dry, split ends) and work it gently into your ends. Put your hair up in a loose bun or loose braid and let the oil work its magic while you travel. When you reach your destination, your hair will be softer and won't have that frizzy appearance from a long flight.
4. Give your hands and cuticles a moisturizing treatment: Between sanitizing a thousand times at the airport and then dealing with the dry air when you fly, it can feel impossible to keep your hands soft when you're traveling. Keep them soft even after you wash them with Ahava's Dermud Intensive Hand Cream. Healing Dead Sea Mud and Jojoba Seed Oil keep your hands protected against drying and painful cracking. Step off your next flight with softer hands than ever before.
5. De-Puff and brighten up tired eyes: It's hard to look refreshed after a long flight, especially if you took a red eye. The Talika Eye Therapy Patches (one of our featured products this month) are great for traveling. Simply apply them 30 minutes before you get to your destination and let them de-puff and refresh your eyes. No one will ever know you only got 4 hours of sleep on a bumpy flight.
Liz Cabrera is a skin care enthusiast who has worked at Planet Beauty for 10 years. She has a Bachelor's Degree in Creative Writing from the University of California, Long Beach. She has a love for film, jazz and the Humor boards on Pinterest.