Making the upgrade from drugstore skincare to high-end skincare can be an equally exciting and daunting experience if you’re not totally skincare savvy. While scanning reviews online is a good way to start, it shouldn’t be your lone guide to purchasing a new skincare regimen. Luckily, there are plenty of knowledgeable and helpful beauty advisors at Planet Beauty that can help you find products that will work best for your skin. If you’re thinking about investing in high-quality skincare, here are some helpful tips to make the most of your experience.
1. Address your needs: Before you even shop, think about what areas of concern you want to work on. Since so many skincare lines have customized lines, you can get overwhelmed quickly with the amount of choices you have. Jot down what concerns you the most about your skin and what areas you would like to improve. If there is a particular skincare line you’ve wanted to try, keep that in mind. If you’re curious about certain ingredients or if there is an ingredient you might be allergic to, write those down, as well.
2. Ask for samples: The ultimate goal of every beauty advisor is to help you find products you’re going to love using. Don’t be afraid to ask for a sample. One thing to keep in mind is that you won’t see results overnight from trying a sample, but you can at least get the feel of a product and test for allergic reactions if you have sensitive skin.
Photo courtesty of Caudalie via Facebook
3. Attend monthly Planet Beauty events: The only thing better than one-on-one help from a beauty advisor is receiving a complimentary mini facial and gift with purchase. Attending a skincare event will not only introduce you to a new line of products, but will also give you the opportunity to talk to amazing representatives for the brand.
4. Be honest about your habits and routines: If you have habits that may be contributing to your skincare woes, be upfront about them. If you really don’t see yourself doing a 4-step nighttime routine, let your beauty advisor know. Being reasonable about your needs and expectations will give you the highest level of satisfaction with your purchase.
5. Use as directed: Now that you’ve made your investment, stick to it. Don’t go home and let your product sit in your bathroom cabinet. Use your skin products as directed to see actual progress in your skin. If you have additional questions once you gotten home, don’t hesitate to call your beauty advisor.
Liz Cabrera is a skin care enthusiast who has worked at Planet Beauty for 10 years. She has a Bachelor's Degree in Creative Writing from the University of California, Long Beach. She has a love for film, jazz and the Humor boards on Pinterest.