Milan Fashion Week has officially come to an end but before we shift our undivided attention to Paris, we should take a moment to stop and appreciate all the beauty trends we saw on runway this past week. From graphic liner to half top knots, there was plenty of inspiration to spark some beauty creativity. We narrowed down the best looks from the runway that you can copy for everyday wear.
1. All eyes are on pops of color: From Cividini to Max Mara, color splashed on the runway in some unexpected & refreshing ways. Whether on the eyelid or above the cheeks, bright colorful hues brought an edge and youthfulness to the runway. While bright blue eyeshadow may not be appropriate for the workplace, you can simplify this trend by subtly adding color along or below your waterline. You can also add a splash of color by dusting a tiny bit of shadow on the inner corners of your eye. Once the weekend arrives, go to town and be playful with color! A tip? Less is more when it comes to the rest of your makeup. This will allow your eyes to dominate.
Photo: Pop Sugar
2. Glitter is a GO: Get your glitter on, ladies! DKNY, Fendi and others did not hold back on making magic on the runway with glitter. Glitter lips made a statement and while you may definitely not see this trend out and about on a Tuesday afternoon, it sure makes for a fun Friday night. Can’t get behind glitter lips? Don’t be afraid of adding a little glitter to your eyeshadow routine. A tip to pulling this trend off? Wear it confidently. The Hadid sisters owned their glitter lips on the runway and you can do the same.
3. Bob Haircuts are IN: Long hair is always beautiful, but there’s something about a bob haircut that can make you look professional and polished. Pair a bob cut with a deep side part and you’ll look ready to take on the world. A good tip for going short? Make sure you know what type of haircut flatters your face shape best. If you plan on keeping a bob for a while, stay on top of your hair appointments to keep the ends looking fresh and healthy. Pomade and anti-humidity hair spray will be go-to products when it comes to styling.
4. Accessories rule: Both Bottega Veneta and Marni made a splash on the runway with accessories. Large, colorful earrings, barrettes, and head pieces were seen consistently throughout the week and reminded us how fun wearing accessories can be. The best part of this beauty trend is that it instantly elevates even the simplest of outfits. Here’s a good tip for choosing the right accessories: Look for statement pieces that are versatile and can be worn with different colors and outfits in your wardrobe.
5. Classic Italian Beauty is Timeless: Dolce & Gabbana brought a little romance to the runway with dark, red lips, floral hair pieces and lace. A look that is always timeless, this trend requires little fuss. Red lips will never go out of style, so keep one in your makeup bag at all times. Dress up your bun with chandelier-style earrings and don’t be afraid of adding some flowers for a feminine touch. A small tip? Full brows complete this classic look.
Photo: Pop Sugar
What runway trends did you love from Milan Fashion Week? Share with us and comment below!
Liz Cabrera is a skin care enthusiast who has worked at Planet Beauty for 10 years. She has a Bachelor's Degree in Creative Writing from the University of California, Long Beach. She has a love for film, jazz and the Humor boards on Pinterest.