Whenever I sit customers down for eye makeup application, the first question I tend to ask is, "What eye cream do you use?" The response I usually get from my customers in their late 20's and early 30's is silence. At first, I was always surprised by this. Then I realized it made perfect sense. After all, most commercials and magazine ads target more mature women for anti-aging products. So, it made sense that someone in their late 20's wouldn't even be looking at eye cream. I only started using eye cream because my mom always emphasized preventative skin care to fight aging. If you're between 25-35 and thinking of adding an eye cream into your skin care regimen, check out some of my top picks.
1. Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment With Avocado: This customer-favorite is the perfect beginner's eye cream. It's super creamy and moisturizes the delicate under eye area with ingredients like Avocado Oil, Beta-Carotene and Shea Butter. Ophthamologist and Dermatologist-tested, this eye cream is gentle enough for those with sensitive eyes. $28
2. Perricone MD's Hypoallergenic Firming Eye Cream: If you're starting to see little crow's feet showing up or battle dark circles and dryness, this eye cream is a must-have. Made with a powerful blend of antioxidants, Tocotrienols and Neuropeptides, this eye cream doesn't mess around. Olive Polyphenols offer rich antioxidant benefits, while Tocotrienols fight dryness to nourish the eye area. Neuropeptides work to restore firmness and elasticity, leaving eyes wonderfully hydrated. $65
3. Murad's Hydrodynamic Ultimate Moisture for Eyes: Anyone looking for relief from dry and dehydrated eyes will fall in love with Murad's anti-aging moisturizing eye cream. Ingredients like Shea Butter and Algae Extract leave eyes looking smoother and brightened. $62
4. Dermalogica Total Eye Care SPF 15: Before you layer on concealer to hide dark circles, try Dermalogica's Total Eye Care. This lightweight eye cream works to conceal dark circles, puffiness with alpha hydroxy acids, planet extracts and optical light diffusers. A non-chemical SPF 15 helps to protect your eyes against environmental damage. $46
5. Bliss Fabulous Every Day Eye Cream: If you love Bliss body care, then you will fall in love with their Fabulous Every Day Eye Cream. This lightweight eye cream is packed with amazing anti-aging ingredients that will leave your eyes looking totally fabulous. Grapeseed Oil and Vitamin E give antioxidant protection and nourishment, while encapsulated Hyaluronic Acid improves hydration, tone and texture, smoothing fine lines and wrinkles. Micronized Eye-Illuminating Powders work to brighten the under eye area, diminishing any unsightly imperfections and discoloration. $30
Liz Cabrera is a skin care enthusiast who has worked at Planet Beauty for 10 years. She has a Bachelor's Degree in Creative Writing from the University of California, Long Beach. She has a love for film, jazz and the Humor boards on Pinterest.