With the ever-growing popularity of social media, the world of makeup artistry has seen a huge amount of interest blossom in the last couple of years. Trends are being shared left and right, from different looks to artist techniques and even makeup tools. For someone just beginning to dive into the colorful world of makeup, finding the right tools can really make a difference in your level of confidence. We’ve narrowed down our favorite makeup tools that are not only easy to use, but will really improve your everyday makeup game. These fool-proof beauty tools are must-haves for anyone who loves makeup.
1. beauty.blender liner designer: By now, you’ve hopefully discovered the beauty.blender original blender sponge. If not, you must own one immediately! The liner designer is the newest tool from this amazing brand and it’s going to change the way you approach the cat eye. If you’ve been struggling with getting that perfect winged eyeliner, then you need this wonderful little sponge. Made to softly contour along your skin, the unique guitar-pick shape allows you to draw a perfect wing on the first try. Three different edges (curvy, straight and short round) give you versatility to create a variety of looks.
2. Tweezerman Lash Guard: How many times have you ruined perfectly beautiful eye shadow with an accidental sweep of mascara? Have you also experienced the frustration of mascara stains right beneath your eyes? If you’re tired of having to back and clean unwanted mascara goops, then it’s time to get this nifty little tool from Tweezerman. The Lash Guard is a must-have for anyone to busy to re-apply their makeup. Simply hold it behind your lashes and go to town with your favorite mascara. You’ll have fewer headaches and you’ll save on Q-tips and makeup remover, too.
3. Sigma Spa Brush Cleaning Mat: Getting your brushes clean from grime and residue is important and thanks to the innovative cleaning mat from Sigma Beauty, you can now be more thorough. Every little groove and angle allows you to deep clean your brushes without ruining the bristles and shape. You’ll also get the job done in faster time which is an added bonus.
4. Cailyn Cosmetics O!Wow Brush: If you prefer to use a brush when it comes to applying your BB Cream and Foundation, then you have to try this wonderful makeup brush from Cailyn Cosmetics. The domed angular shape allows you to blend with ease and the bristles are so velvety soft you’ll never have streaks. It also comes with a handy little cover so you can toss it into your makeup bag.
5. Japonesque Go Curl Pocket Curler: This perfectly compact eyelash curler is ideal for beauty mavens on the go. The unique design gives your lashes full lift for longer lashes each time. The open cage design avoids that terrible pinch that can occur with other eyelash curlers, too. It even comes with a replacement pad hidden in the curler.
6. beauty.blender sur.face simple pro: Not all of us have the luxury of finding the perfect shade of foundation, concealer or bb cream. For the mixologist when it comes to makeup, the sur.face is a must-have tool. Its design allows you to measure the right amount of product and blend it on a clean palette.
Liz Cabrera is a skin care enthusiast who has worked at Planet Beauty for 10 years. She has a Bachelor's Degree in Creative Writing from the University of California, Long Beach. She has a love for film, jazz and the Humor boards on Pinterest.