In the age of social media, it's all about putting your best selfie forward. Your hair and makeup may be on point one day. Your entire outfit may be on fleek one weekend. Sometimes, it's all about the right lighting and background. Other times, it's just about using the right filter to smooth out that little blemish on your chin. While filters are amazing (I just LOVE Valencia), isn't it exciting when you take a picture that you don't feel requires one? That unfiltered perfection can be achieved just by using camera-loving beauty products. The next time you think about snapping a selfie, use one of these amazing products beforehand for unfiltered success.
1. Murad's Invisiblur Perfecting Shield: What's better than a product that feels invisible on the skin and blurs out imperfections? How about one that erases the signs of aging and offers sunscreen protection as well? Murad's Invisblur Protecting Shield is great as a primer, but it also goes to work for your skin by utilizing mushroom peptides to restore loss of firmness and elasticity, while helping fight the visible signs of aging. Cucumber, Barley and Sunflower extracts keep your skin moisturized and youthful, as well.
2. Dermalogica Hydrablur: One of Dermalogica's newest products to make its way to our shelves, this primer is a necessity for anyone dealing with dry, parched skin. Made with an H2O Release Complex and Abyssinian Oil, skin is constantly recieving essential moisture while these key ingredients also lock in much-needed hydration. Whu-Zhu-Yu Fruit Extract gives your skin a boost of radiant the natural astringent of Mushroom keeps pores and wrinkles minimized. Micro-encapsulated tint activates upon application to even out skin tone. Skin is left looking smooth and dewy.
3. Smashbox Photo Filter Powder Foundation: Primers are usually given the credit for helping to blur imperfections and make skin look smooth, but the game has changed. This powder foundation works as a personal filter when you apply it. Light filter technology brings out the best in your skin, the same way a regular filter does. Transparent particles in the formula diffuse light in different directions, instantly blurring imperfections for a flawless finish. Photoset polymers also filter out imperfections without feeling heavy on your skin. Use with the sponge as a foundation or tap into the skin lightly with a large brush to set your BB or CC cream. However you choose to use it, you'll want this powder in your bag alt all times.
4. Too Faced Born This Way Foundition: When you can't tell the difference between your skin and makeup, you know you've got a good thing going. Born This Way literally melts into your skin in a natural and flawless way, while blurring out imperfections and giving your skin an amazing glow. Coconut Water keeps your skin moisturized while Alpine Rose brightens your complexion. Hyaluronic Acid naturally plumps and smooths out skin for a flawless, I-was-born-this-way finish. With a foundation like this, you won't even think twice about using a photo filter.
5. Sigma Flat Kabuki Brush F80: Just like the brush tools in photo apps that blur out imperfections, this foundation brush works marvelously to do the same. Made with the exclusive Sigmax fibers, this flat brush is great for applying liquid and powder foundations flawlessly. The soft, one of a kind bristles don't leave streaks or lines on the skin and it never wastes your product. Makeup artists all over Instagram go crazy for this brush, making it a Planet Beauty top seller.
Liz Cabrera is a skin care enthusiast who has worked at Planet Beauty for 10 years. She has a Bachelor's Degree in Creative Writing from the University of California, Long Beach. She has a love for film, jazz and the Humor boards on Pinterest.