Great eyebrows are a trend we never want to see disappear! The last few seasons have been all about celebrating your natural eyebrow shape. To help you stay up-to-date with the latest eyebrow trends, we spoke to the experts at jane iredale to get the brow-grooming tricks of Fall/Winter 2016.
Before you dive into fall eyebrow trends, here's a refresher on how to shape your eyebrows like a pro.
1. Point A: To find out where your brow should begin, align the flat edge of a straight makeup brush to the outside of your nose/inner corner of your eye.
2. Point B: Your true arch is found by taking your brush and laying it diagonally from your nostril to the outside edge of your iris.
3. Point C: Determine where your brow should end by using your brush to create a line from the outside corner of your nose diagonally to the outside corner of your eye.
Fall/Winter 2016 Eyebrow Trends
Thick, Bold Brows
Your natural brow-shape, but better! This is another way to create a youthful appearance to the face.
- Begin by using jane iredale Clear PureBrow Brow Fix Gel to brush the brow hairs up to provide fullness and volume to the brow.
- Then, use the jane iredale GreatShape Eyebrow Kit to line the underside of the brow with the angled end of the brush.
- Flip to the spoolie brush end and begin to blend the line upward in tiny strokes.
- Repeat this same technique on the topside of the brow to make it bold.
The Glossy Brow
Ideal for playing with brows that are naturally full and gives the wearer a clean, modern look.
- Use the jane iredale Retractable Brow Pencil to fill in any sparse areas of the eyebrow.
- Add sheen and dimension by brushing the hairs up and out with the jane iredale Clear PureBrow Brow Fix Gel.
This ombre style brow, creates a gradient from light to dark, with the darkest portion at the end of the brow above the outside corner of the eyes. It looks great in photography.
- First, lightly line the whole brow on top and bottom using the jane iredale Retractable Brow Pencil in the proper shade.
- Next, start at the tail of the brow and fill in the last two-thirds. It should be heavier at the tail and lighter as you move toward your nose.
- Finish by blending the pencil using the spoolie brush.
Get a Brow Makeover!
Need more help with your brows? If you're in the Santa Ana, CA area on Tuesday, October 25th, you can join us for a free brow makeover at our Planet Beauty Santa Ana store (2016 East Seventeenth Street | Santa Ana, CA 92705). Click here for more information.
Liz Cabrera is a skin care enthusiast who has worked at Planet Beauty for 10 years. She has a Bachelor's Degree in Creative Writing from the University of California, Long Beach. She has a love for film, jazz and the Humor boards on Pinterest.