is National Relaxation Day and I'm inviting you to take a little time this weekend to pamper yourself. Take a moment to pause from the everyday stresses of life and get refreshed just in time for . Try all or some of my suggestions that will leave you happy from head to toe.
1. Treat yourself to bubbles or bath salts: If your daily routine consists of dashing in and out of the shower, take a little extra time this weekend and slow things down with a relaxing bath. L'Occitane's Lavender Foaming Bath will relax your senses and melt away the stress before bed. If your muscles need some relaxing, try Ahava's Mineral Bath Salt in Calming Lavender.
2. Relax your strands with a hair mask: With all the stress we put on our hair with chemical processing and thermal styling tools, our strands can benefit greatly from a healing hair mask. MoroccanOil's Intensive Hydrating Mask will leave your hair conditioned and revived, ideal for summer-stressed hair.
3. Pamper your skin with a facial mask: Give your skin a little extra love this week and use a treatment mask for a gorgeous glow. Tata Harper's Resurfacing Mask will make you feel like you're at a spa. It eliminates dead skin cells and instantly brightens up dull skin. If you want to go the extra mile, do a neck mask, as well. Rodial's Glamtox Neck Mask will firm and tone your neck for an instant, youthful-looking appearance.
4. Enhance your zzz's with essential oils: If you're a restless sleeper, try Jurlique's Lavender Pure Essential Oil. Perfect for the face and body, this oil will help you relax while relieving muscle pains and headaches. If you want something a little more aromatic, try Dermalogica's Stress Relief Treatment Oil. It's infused with Orange, Sandalwood, Tea Tree, Lemon and Ylang-Ylang as well as Lavender for an oil that will really melt away stress.
5. Give yourself an at-home mani-pedi: Take a break from the craziness of the nail salon Essie's page for the latest nail looks and fun designs to do at home.and give yourself an at-home mani-pedi. You can take your time and not worry about having to tip after. If you need a little inspiration, check out
What will you do to pamper yourself on National Relaxation Day? Share with us and comment below!
Liz Cabrera is a skin care enthusiast who has worked at Planet Beauty for 10 years. She has a Bachelor's Degree in Creative Writing from the University of California, Long Beach. She has a love for film, jazz and the Humor boards on Pinterest.