When it comes to the holiday season, nothing is more essential to our wardrobe than that little black dress. This essential piece of clothing is the quickest way to look glamorous when faced with a time constraint. The LBD is classic for the holiday seasons and can make life easier when you're going from party to party. Dress it up with some statement jewelry and you're ready for a night on the town. Along with our holiday wardrobe staples, there are some holiday beauty essentials that are just as important. If you've got a good amount of parties lined up in your calendar, then you're going to want these holiday beauty must-haves.
1. Red Lipstick: What color better describes the holiday season than red? Whether you're hitting a holiday happy hour party after work or get invited to a dinner last minute, nothing elevates your style quicker than red lipstick. The Marvelous Moxie Lipstick from bareMinerals is creamy and easy to apply. If you're looking for a gorgeous scarlet red shade, pick up a tube of Call the Shots.
2. Black Eyeliner: When you need to go from a daytime to nighttime look and you're pressed for time, black eyeliner will be your saving grace. Simply apply some liner and smudge it out for a quick, no fuss smokey-looking eye. If you have a little extra time, you can also create a cat eye for alluring, sexy eyes. Too Faced's Perfect Eyes Eyeliner in Black is super creamy and has a smudge tip attached.
3. Holiday Polish: If you don't have time to hit the nail salon before a party, keep a red polish and a glitter polish handy for a quick mani-pedi. This year, OPI has an out of this world collection for the holidays. The Starlight Collection takes your nails to another universe with fun shades like Infared-y to Glow and Guys and Galaxies.
4. Artist Couture Highlighter: Get your glow on before the party with this must-have highlighter. Gently sweep above cheeks and anywhere else you wish to draw attention to. You'll go from good to glamorous in seconds. Get your camera ready for those selfies, because you're going to love your holiday glow this year.
5. False Lashes: Falsies are always a party-must have, so keep some in your make bag when you want to feel extra dramatic. The perfect companion to red lips, all eyes will be on your lashes. Don't forget your glue just in case you need to fix an eyelash lift.
6. Purse Hairspray: If you're heading straight to a party after work, you're going to want to freshen your style and get a little extra volume before you head out. Pick up a purse-sized Kenra Volume Hairspray to give your hair a boost of volume and shine.
7. Glitter: The holidays are all about the sparkle and jane iredale's 24 Karat Gold Dust is perfect to use on your eyes, lips and cheeks for quick glam. Mix a little into your lotion for some body shimmer, as well.
What beauty essentials do you love having in your makeup bag? Share with us and comment below!
Liz Cabrera is a skin care enthusiast who has worked at Planet Beauty for 10 years. She has a Bachelor's Degree in Creative Writing from the University of California, Long Beach. She has a love for film, jazz and the Humor boards on Pinterest.