When it's dry and windy out, your skin can lose its luminous glow. You may notice your regular makeup flaking or looking patchy and heavy on your face. If you're already taking preventative steps to keep your skin from becoming dehydrated, you're on the right track. If you want your makeup to look gorgeous and dewy, then consider the following tips for a winter glow.
1. Steer clear of matte finish foundation products: To create a lovely, dewy canvas, choose a foundation that is sheer or medium coverage. Dr. Perricone's No Foundation Foundation is one of my favorite products to recommend for winter skin because it gives a beautiful radiance with a dewy finish. Redness and blotchiness is immediately blurred away for a natural look you'll love. It also contains a non-chemical SPF 30, which is always a plus.
2. Seek the help of highlighter: Get a healthy-looking glow with the help of a liquid luminizer. Stila's All Over Shimmer is a must-have for those winter skin blues. It immediately enhances the look of your skin with soft-focus pigments. Wear this product alone or mix it into your foundation or moisturizer for an instant brightening effect.
3. Go easy under your eyes: One of the places we notice dryness in our skin is right under our eyes. If you're battling dryness and crepiness, you'll want to use a good eye cream. Aside from doing that, you'll also want to minimize the use of heavy under eye concealers. The Stroke of Light Eye Brighteners from bareMinerals are great to use during this time of the year because they provide instant radiance without drawing attention to fine lines and wrinkles.
4. Lip and Cheek Stains should be a go-to: Powder blush is great during the summer months, but in the winter, not so much. A cream or stain blush is ideal, since it imparts a lovely flushed glow that doesn't look dry. One of my favorite products to keep in my bag during this time of the year is jane iredale's Just Kissed lip and cheek stain. It'll give your cheeks and lips an instant kiss of color that is both natural and dewy.
5. Do a creamy contour: If you're aiming for a dewy look for winter, then you'll want to use a creamy contouring product to get the right finish. Kevyn Aucoin's The Creamy Glow Duo is great to use for sculpting and highlighting. It's non-greasy, long-wearing and blends in naturally into the skin. The best part about this little compact is you can use the darker shade on the lips, as well.
Liz Cabrera is a skin care enthusiast who has worked at Planet Beauty for 10 years. She has a Bachelor's Degree in Creative Writing from the University of California, Long Beach. She has a love for film, jazz and the Humor boards on Pinterest.