With 2016 right around the corner, it's natural to start thinking about those New Year's resolutions. If you're looking for some inspiration, I invite you to try these small and simple beauty resolutions that will give you a great start to the new year! Start them on the 1st or whenever you feel changing things up. You can make a resolution at any time throughout the year.
1. Shake up your beauty products: When it comes to our beauty routine, many of us are loyal to the brands and products we love. While you should always try to fix what isn't broken, you may be missing out on a product that could be working better for you. If the thought of buying a new product terrifies you, try asking for some samples first.
2. Upgrade your skincare regimen: Whenever I ask customers why they love the skincare they're using oftentimes, I'm told they love it because it doesn't bother their skin. Finding a non-irritating skincare line is great, but shouldn't you love it because it makes your skin look amazing? Don't settle for a skincare product that does the bare minimum. If you're going to invest in your skin, make sure it's actually giving you results you love.
Photo courtesty of Ouidad via Facebook
3. Step out of your beauty comfort zone: The beauty industry is always evolving, and so should you. If you're constantly searching through Pinterest for new hair color, but still settle for that chocolate brown, you'll walk out of the salon feeling underwhelmed. If you bought a vibrant magenta lipstick, but it never left your makeup bag, it'll end up expiring and you'll feel like you wasted money. Change can be good for you--but even if it isn't you can always go back to what makes you comfortable.
4. Treat yourself: Okay, so your husband didn't get you that Clarisonic you were hinting at. Why not just treat yourself? If there is a beauty product or tool that you really, really want, treat yourself to it this year. It will feel good to invest in you.
5. Embrace your natural beauty: With freckle-mania taking over the beauty world this year, it's been a good reminder to embrace our natural beauty. Let your freckles show, keep your curls flowing freely and put down the false lashes for a day or two. You might be surprised at how liberating it feels.
6. Don't be a beauty hoarder: When's the last time you went through your drawers and consolidated your beauty products? Chances are, you've got some expired products that need to be tossed in the trash. Don't wait until spring to do some major cleaning. Go through your beauty products and get rid of the clutter. If you haven't used something in months, consider tossing it out. You will feel so much better after.
What are your beauty resolutions for 2016? Share with us and comment below!
Liz Cabrera is a skin care enthusiast who has worked at Planet Beauty for 10 years. She has a Bachelor's Degree in Creative Writing from the University of California, Long Beach. She has a love for film, jazz and the Humor boards on Pinterest.