Pantone has chosen their color of the year, except for 2016, they've chosen TWO colors. This year, Pantone is giving us two colors: Rose Quartz (pale pink) and Serenity (soft blue). The inspiration comes from the idea of balancing warm rose tones with cool tranquil blues. This balance is both gender-blending and harmonious, so get ready to see it everywhere this spring. If you're looking to be inspired by Pantone's colors, check out some of our favorites.
Rose Quartz Inspiration
1. OPI Infinite Shine You're Blushing Again: This lovely pink is a great shade for everyday and it'll will stay on longer with the Infinite Shine 3 Step System.
2. OPI Suzi Nails New Orleans: A brighter shade of pink, this pink is perfect for anyone who can't get too pale with their nails.
3. Deborah Lippmann Candy Girl: Part of Deborah Lippmann's Limited Edition Sweets for my Sweet collection, this is one baby pink we can't take our eyes off.
4. Stila Rose Quartz Jewel Eyeshadow: It has the perfect name. It's pretty. It's shimmery. You're going to wear this summer through spring.
5. bareMinerals Moxie Lipgloss Miss Popular: Show your love for pink with this pretty rose petal pink lipgloss. Just the subtle kiss of pink will show off your beautiful pout.
6. Voluspa Prosecco Rose: Let Rose Quartz take over in your home by adding subtle accents like this gorgeously packaged candle from Voluspa. It not only looks pretty in your home, but smells spectacular, too
1. Essie Bikini So Teeny: This already popular shade of nail polish is about to get even more popular. A lovely shade of light blue has a kiss of shimmer that makes your nails stand out.
2. OPI Infinite Shine To Be Continued: A touch of periwinkle makes this pale blue a must-have for spring and summer.
3. Deborah Lippmann My Boy Lollipop: Another shade from Deborah Lippmann's Limited Edition Sweets for my Sweet collection, this baby blue nail lacquer is pale and as sweet as can be.
4. Smashbox Eyeshadow Trio Skybox: If you're looking for a pretty pale blue eyeshadow to flaunt, Sky is the way to go. It's a lovely shade of light sky blue and is matte for a subtle, spring look.
5. Butter London Sprog: This nail lacquer leans on the periwinkle side, but it's so eye-catching and can be worn all year long.
6. Voluspa Casa Pacifica Candle: We can't resist the wonderful scents of California Driftwood, Sea Salt and Shore Brush, especially when it comes in such clean and crisp packaging.
Liz Cabrera is a skin care enthusiast who has worked at Planet Beauty for 10 years. She has a Bachelor's Degree in Creative Writing from the University of California, Long Beach. She has a love for film, jazz and the Humor boards on Pinterest.