If you've noticed a change in your skin the last couple of weeks, you're not alone. The weather is slowly warming up with the changing season and that means it's time to re-evaluate your skincare products. Are you ready to spring clean your skincare routine? Follow these tips to keep your skin looking healthy.
1. Keep your skin hydrated and happy: When it's cold out, we tend to crank up the heat, causing our skin to feel dry and thirsty. Replenish the moisture you've lost during winter by hydrating your skin in spring. If it's feeling extra dry, pick up a treatment like Hyalo Plasma from Perricone MD. Three forms of Hyaluronic Acid will keep your skin soft, healthy and protected from dryness.
2. Load up on SPF: It's easy to become overzealous about spending time outdoors when the weather is a perfect 70 degrees outside, but don't forget your SPF. If you'e forgetful with your sunscreen, look for moisturizers, lotions and makeup that already has a built in SPF. Don't neglect your precious pout, either. Keep a tube of Sun Bum lip balm handy to keep your lips soft and protected.
3. Maintain clean pores: Our level of activity naturally increases this time of the year and that means more potential for sweat and bacteria to seep into our pores. Remove your makeup thoroughly and make sure you cleanse it well. Clarisonic's Mia Fit is a must-have cleansing tool for spring and summer. It comes with a Delicate and Power Cleanse setting for customized cleansing. The new compact design makes it lightweight and easy to tote around.
4. Give your neck and decollete some love: It's easy to forget this part of our body when we're wearing turtlenecks and scarves all winter. Show off your beautiful skin this spring and don't forget this vital area in the process. Murad's Resurgence line has their Rejuvenating Lift for Neck and Decollete cream which keeps your skin hydrated and firm. Wear SPF to keep your neck and decollete looking youthful.
5. Exfoliate: This is a must for beautiful skin. Not only will you get rid of dry, flaky skin but you'll help your skincare products work more effectively. Scrub away dead skin with Dermalogica's Skin Prep. Use up to three times for an enviable, spring glow.
Liz Cabrera is a skin care enthusiast who has worked at Planet Beauty for 10 years. She has a Bachelor's Degree in Creative Writing from the University of California, Long Beach. She has a love for film, jazz and the Humor boards on Pinterest.