It looks like El Nino has finally hit and the much-needed rain is here! Next to figuring out how to rotate your wardrobe to accommodate the wet weather, you'll also want to to weather-proof your hair and makeup for all-day looks that won't melt down your face. To keep the rain from cramping your style, check out our tips for looking your best.
1. Waterproof your eyes: While you may have your umbrella, sometimes weather has a mind of its own. The wind can cause rain to go in all directions, including horizontal and straight into your face. Don't get caught with raccoon eyes and wear weatherproof mascara and eyeliner. If the mascara you love isn't a waterproof formula, try bareMinerals Locked and Coated Lash Top Coat. Simply run the fine bristle-brush over your mascara application and your lashes will be sealed and protected from water. Stila's Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner will stay in place all day long, as well. You don't have to forgo lining your eyes on rainy days.
2. Go easy on the foundation: The high humidity and rain doesn't always pair up well with a heavy foundation. It can look extra thick, giving your skin an unwanted caked look. Use something a little lighter like a BB cream and blend your concealer carefully on unwanted blemishes and imperfections. Set your makeup with a matte powder like jane iredale's Beyond Matte in Translucent to keep your face makeup in place all day long.
3. Smudge-proof your lips: You can't forget about your pretty pout in the rain. When the wind is whipping around, the last thing you'll want is your lip color moving around. Use any of Smashbox's Always Sharp Lip Liners. These wonderful lip pencils are water-resistant and long wearing for shape and color that will stay all day long. For a long-lasting lip stain with plenty of color, try any of the Vicious lip colors. Your lips will stay put way past your lunch break.
4. Seal your brows: Don't neglect your brows when it comes to rainy weather. The last thing you want is your eyebrow powder melting down your eyelids. Keep your brow products protected against the rain with Anastasia's Beauty Genius Clear Waterproofing Gel. Use with any of your eyeshadows, including your shimmers and glitter.
5. Weatherproof your tresses: Last, but certainly not least, you'll want to make sure your hair doesn't look like a frizzy mess by the end of the day. Keep your hair smooth by sealing down the ends first with a product like Alfaparf Milano's Semi Di Lino Discipline Frizz Control Smoothing cream. Finish your style with ColorProof's HumidityRx Anti-Frizz Weatherproof Spray. If you need a little hold, try the Alterna Bamboo Smooth Anti-Humidity Hairspray.
What are your beauty go-to products for rainy weather? Share with us and comment below!
Liz Cabrera is a skin care enthusiast who has worked at Planet Beauty for 10 years. She has a Bachelor's Degree in Creative Writing from the University of California, Long Beach. She has a love for film, jazz and the Humor boards on Pinterest.